Wednesday 28 December 2011

A Year In Review

I was happy to see the arrival of 2011.  Happy to have 2010 and its drama over with.  2011 proved to have its share of drama, it just didn't centre on me so much this time.  Another year jammed packed with life and all that it entails; my brother married his sweetheart (and sweetheart she is), a dear aunt died, my boys turned 3 and 5.  Friends moved closer, friends moved away, new friends were made.  I learnt to jump, started the process of re-getting to know myself,  decided to make myself available to life.  This year, I was determined to not just survive, but to thrive. 

Here are a few things that helped me do just that this year....

This song.  My brother sent it to me, and I played it over and over some days.  I often did feel like I was surrounded by "brothers" and this song gave me courage and strength.



An epic event to plan for, work towards, utterly enjoy, and talk about for months after.  The Petervine wedding. An beautiful day, a love story ten plus years in the making.  So incredibly blessed to have these two in my life.
















This incredible woman.  Deb Taylor.  From the moment I first "met" her (ours is an Internet relationship) I was completely enthralled with her spirit.  If I have even one ounce of her vivaciousness, lust for life, courage, honesty, bravado, and energy I would consider that successful!  Whenever I find myself afraid to take a step towards a photo and put myself out there, I look at this photo and am inspired once again to take those giant leaps toward being raw and true.  Love love love this woman.  You can find her at www.diddebdoit.blogspot.com 
 


This spot.  I found out that it is possible to fall madly, head over heals, want to breathe it, touch it, feel it always, in love with a parcel of earth.


Treasures.  In the many shapes and sizes they came in this year.  But especially these two treasures.


Inner drama queen.  I have one.  I didn't know that. I kinda like her.

People.  I happen to have really great ones in my life! 



I could go on and on I think.  There is so much to be thankful for.  So much to look forward to.  So much to look back on.  But oh so much in this moment to be lived.
Cheers to you all, may your new year be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. oh Cherie.....I am beyond flattered!! Thank you. And what a lovely tribute to your passing of another year...The Mumford & Sons are so fantastic...I am now a fan! You do have so much to be thankful for...an adorable family and cool friends surrounding you and Cherie....I LOVE the Drama Queen in you!! xoxoxo Happiest of times in 2012

    ReplyDelete