Saturday 25 February 2012

I am
recalibrating
no longer who I was
becoming more the person I have always been
I catch fat snowflakes on my tongue
Shrink to fit into tonka toy trunks
love hesitantly
always, always holding something back
(I will throw this away someday soon, I will, I will)
dance foolishly around my house
(sometimes even when someone is watching)
(sometimes even when someone is dancing with me)

I am
trying
to challenge my values (and maybe sometimes yours)
so that I may find the truth
(my truth)
and not apologise for it

I am
wanting
beautiful things to come from my hands
 two boys to grow into fine men
to live simply
to love freely
to speak clearly
to shout out in my strengthening voice
that life is better when its raw
when the truth is known
(even when its grungy)

I am
(loving you)
(seeking)
me



No comments:

Post a Comment