Friday 29 March 2013

Releasing a love


I took your advise Ms.Oliver
I broke my heart open
I paid attention (maybe not as much as I should have)
I was astonished (more than I've ever been before)
 
And while a giant part of me wants to rail against him,
hurl words and curses and questions and explanations
I can see that he is just surviving
Living in a world where truth
and wonder
and gentleness are foreign objects
And maybe that is what hurts the most
That love,
offered with an open and genuine heart
was an impossible gift to accept
 
As for me.
I am broke open.
I am bare and raw and more than a little sad.
But watch now- how I start this day
in kindness
 I will not close my heart again
to the rest of the world.



2 comments:

  1. Cherie,
    Hold out for the gentle heart that is full of truth and wonder

    ReplyDelete