Sunday 15 July 2012

This moment

I am...
....listening to the sound of the rain on my windows and smiling at my littlest, who when asked if he would like to watch a movie, snuggled deeper into my lap and said "I just want to sit and watch the wind and the rain".  Now that is one smart boy
....on the cusp of summer's bounty with the fresh eating, late night preserving, and trying to savour every last minute of it
....finally about to begin the untangling of two lives.  Feeling sad, anxious, hopeful, relieved and jittery, but mostly terrified
....constantly ruminating on all the possibilities this next part of my life may hold
....completely enjoying my beautiful niece and her joie de vivre
....panicking, just a little, about the upcoming start of homeschooling my oldest
....trying to find the balance of learning from the past, planning for the future, and living in the moment
....wondering why I constantly put so much stock in what others may think
....cartwheeling (with a little help from friend)
....wishing you overflowing baskets of all good summery things

2 comments:

  1. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

    Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie,

    ~THIS TOO SHALL PASS~
    and you will be stronger for it all.

    (((Cherie)))

    ReplyDelete