Thursday 10 November 2011

Remember

Today I will take a big breath and remember that life is not explainable in black and white.  And if life is not explainable in black and white, then neither is death. Neither is love, heart ache, heart break. Neither is right.  Neither is wrong.  Neither is war.

There is colour exploding everywhere in life.

Today I will take a big breath, draw my boys close, and try my best to explain the unexplainable.  That it is possible to be horrified by all that war entails, yet be incredibly grateful for those that sacrificed so much.  That it would break my heart if that is the path they choose, yet would respect them if they did.  That there is no such thing as a "bad person", yet there are people who make terrible mistakes.
 
There is colour exploding everywhere in life.

Today I will take a big breath, cherish those I love, and remember all that is unexplainable.

1 comment: